IDRF – WDF Peer Program
IDRF has been identified as one of the centres of excellence for World Diabetes Foundation to host the WDF Peer Program, an endeavour to disseminate knowledge & experiences between WDF partners, in our efforts to prevent and mitigate the rising burden of diabetes. The idea is to support short term training and cross learning to build new capacity amongst health professionals who will be able to make a significant impact on the ongoing projects or help develop younger leadership. The selected peers were attached to our Centre to undergo training with us.
- Take measures against unaddressed areas/gaps within diabetes care / prevention in WDF funded projects (e.g. within primary prevention, foot care, eye care, pregnancy and diabetes etc.)
- Strengthen diabetes expertise in a given country with a WDF Project.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas and approaches among WDF partners.
- Create networks among WDF partners.
The program includes,
- Intensive training workshops on Diabetes and other associated non-communicable diseases.
- Lecture & discussions, Practicum sessions, interactive sessions etc.
- Exposure to various conferences & CME’s.
- Exposure to various outreach programs such as diabetes screening & awareness camps and field visits to both Govt. hospitals and private institutions specializing diabetes care.
- Presentation by the peer on peer training program.
Peers attached with IDRF - WDF Peer Program are as follows;
|S.No||NAME OF THE PEER||DATE||COUNTRY|
|1.||Dr. Tach Varoen, Deputy Director of Prevention medicine||January 2009||Combodia|
|2.||a) Dr. Ri song Bu|
b) Dr. Jon Yong Myong, Endocrinologists, Govt. Red cross hospital
|February 2010||North Korea|
|3.||a) Dr. Razana|
b) Mrs. Naila Abdul Mazeed,
Maldives society for Diabetes
c) Ms. Leena Simon
Medical Trust Hospital
|4.||a) Ms.Shiraz Ahmed Awad Ahmed,|
b) Dr. Ana Ibis Conesa
c) Dr. Sharmila Samaranayake
|5.||a) Ms. Manal Mahgoub Abdalla Mohamed Ali|
b) Ms. Withana Arachchige Anjana Himashi Withanaarachchi
Nurse cum Patient Educator
c) Dr. Pierre Marie Ravoninjatovo Ratsimbazafy
Certificate of participation is given to the peers for attending the training program.